Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Iron Caddy Pad

Last December I attended "Sew-In Saturday" (hosted by St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild), I brought my iron. Even though I unplugged the iron prior to leaving time, it just didn't cool off quick enough. I was worry that it may burn something while I was driving home. Luckily, nothing happened, so of course I totally forgot about it till one day prior to March Sew-In time again.

I found many different style of iron caddy online, but this particular pattern made by Sisters' Common Thread caught my eye. It has a cute style, and once you open it up, it turns into iron pad! Since I didn't have a portable iron pad, it was a perfect combo. I made it quick, and took it with me to Sew-In next day.

I've been wanted to use this Echino fabric, so I'm glad I found a perfect item to make it with. 

There was one ironic thing though. There was a machine quilting work shop at that day, and I was determined to master it as much as possible. By the end, I didn't even get to plug in my iron. Oh, well. I'm prepared for next Sew-In for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Love your iron caddy!! What an excellent idea!! Your fabrics are great! Thank you for sharing.

    Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Nancy! I had a great time making this caddy :)

      Delete