Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hand Embroidery Workshop


It was only a coule years ago when I started embroidering. Until then I was 100% sure that embroidery is not my thing, because I couldn't do it at all. I started attending local Redwork club, and the ladies there showed me how to do it. 

Last month there was a Hand Workshop at St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild meeting. I wanted to share all the tips I learned, so maybe people will less intermediate trying embroidery. I explained how I organize the embroidery floss, what tools you need, and how to stitch. It was only 15minutes class, so I couldn't share all the things I wanted, but I hope it inspired some people to hand embroidery.

I brought some embroidery items to show what you can do.
Pattern: "Make It Do" by Sarah Jane

Pattern: "Doodle Stitching Embroidery & Beyond" book by Aimee Ray

Inspired by "Color Wheel Sampler" by Rebecca Ringguiist

Pattern: "Vintage Girl" by Wanetha Ebker
When you open a skirt you'll see her pantie!

((Here are some informations I shared with at the workshop.))


Needles:
John James Embroidery needle #9 (available at Jackman's Fabric for $2.00)


Batting (if you'd like to use): 
Hobbs Thermore (available at Jackman's Fabric for $5.99/yd.)

Hoops, Embroidery Floss #25, Water Soluble Marker for tracing:
Any craft store

Website: 

Books: 
Doodle Stitching by Aimee Ray

Pattern: 
"Color Wheel" Rebecca Ringguist (https://www.etsy.com/shop/dropcloth)
"Vintage Girl" Wanetha Ebker (If you want a pattern, you should ask her at the next meeting.) 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment